There is currently an immediate need for an Assistant/Back’s
Women’s Rugby Coach – Meraloma Rugby Club in Kitsilano, The season sarts at the end of August and they would like to have a coach in place asap.
· Preferred Training/Cert: World Rugby Level 1 Coaching Course or higher
· Required Training/Cert: Rugby Ready, Concussion Management for the General Public
· Previous coaching experience an asset
· Strong knowledge of the sport of rugby and current trends in the game
· 5+ years of playing experience in the backs
· Strong leadership and organizational skills
· The ability to represent the philosophy and educational goals of the Meraloma Rugby Club
· Assist the Head Coach in all aspects of coaching the Women’s team
· On field teaching and player development
· Assisting head coach with practice planning, practice execution, game strategy and game management
· Leading the backs in breakout session when squads are split
· Assist in team selections
· Ability to work with and develop players at all levels of experience
· Fosters a positive, inclusive and friendly team culture
· Administrative duties assigned by the head coach
· Ability to attend Tuesday and Thursday evening training sessions and games on Saturday mornings as the schedule dictates. Some travel may be required to for Saturday games.
About the Meraloma Club and Women’s TeamThe women’s section has just come off a successful 2016-17 season where they celebrated their 20th anniversary at the club and made a good showing in the regular season. The team currently competes in the BCRU Division 1 league. The Meraloma Club prides itself on its inviting and friendly culture on and off the field while still playing competitive rugby. There is potential for assisting with finding accommodation , however this is a volunteer coaching position.